Soo I told one of my Co Workers about the person who left the piece of trash on my desk…so he took it and put it on there head. I don’t think I’ve ever been so amused.
things i can’t imagine:
- someone having a crush on me
- someone thinking about me during random times of the day
- someone getting butterflies by thinking of me or talking to me
- someone wanting to talk to me but doesn’t, thinking they’ll annoy me
- someone thinking i’m genuinely cute and wanting to kiss me
- someone wanting to date me
- someone falling in love with me
Really not fucking amused that someone picked up a piece of material that should have been thrown out off the floor and put it on my desk. It was there WELL before I started so why the fuck are you putting shit on my desk. I’m in a bad mood today. I don’t see it ending well.
And that’s the most frustrating thing about depression. It isn’t always something you can fight back against with hope. It isn’t even something — it’s nothing. And you can’t combat nothing. You can’t fill it up. You can’t cover it. It’s just there, pulling the meaning out of everything. That being the case, all the hopeful, proactive solutions start to sound completely insane in contrast to the scope of the problem.
It would be like having a bunch of dead fish, but no one around you will acknowledge that the fish are dead. Instead, they offer to help you look for the fish or try to help you figure out why they disappeared.
This is actually a really good way to explain it, I think.